1. The Client is solely responsible for any/all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Sarah The Dog Carer or is using any other services provided by Sarah The Dog Carer, and agrees to indemnify Sarah The Dog Carer in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Sarah The Dog Carer has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
3. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Sarah The Dog Carer prior to using Sarah The Dog Carer Services. Sarah The Dog Carer reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify Sarah The Dog Carer immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. Sarah The Dog Carer offers services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries.
6. Sarah The Dog Carer will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed and will remain at the discretion of Sarah The Dog Carer.
7. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Sarah The Dog Carer, together with any associated costs e.g., call-out charges. The Client authorises Sarah The Dog Carer to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g., in an emergency) and the Client accepts that Sarah The Dog Carer, may at her discretion, use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately.
8. Sarah The Dog Carer reserves the right to refuse admission if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations (including bordetella), or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
9. Bitches may not attend Sarah The Dog Carer while in season or pregnant. Sarah The Dog Carer reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met. Payment is still required where a bitch cannot be walked in season.
10. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Sarah The Dog Carer responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
11. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Sarah The Dog Carer immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Sarah The Dog Carer reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved. You accept Sarah The Dog Carer is not liable for any infections, diseases, or parasites your dogs may contract while in our care.
12. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Sarah The Dog Carer without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Sarah The Dog Carer.
13. The Client agrees that Sarah The Dog Carer is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing, or any other item left with their dog.
14. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick-up by Sarah The Dog Carer to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
15. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
16. The Client agrees that, by signing the first aid section of the booking form this will give Sarah The Dog Carer permission to administer First Aid to their dog if required.
17. On hot days of 24 Degrees Celsius or more Sarah The Dog Carer will either give the dogs a shorter walk, walk them near an area where the dogs can have a swim to cool down (including at the property of Sarah The Dog Carer) or in cases of extremely hot weather I will call in on all dogs and let them out, fill up their water, give them frozen treats and make sure they have some company. Full payment will still be required in these instances and the client agrees to this.
18. Tag: As required by the Control of Dogs Order 1992, you must provide your dog with an identification tag.
19. You must notify us within 48 hours if you wish to cancel a booking. Failure to do so may incur the full cost of the booking.
20. We will give your dog a good wipe down after the walk if necessary, though please expect some messiness when the ground is muddy, weather is wet or if your dog is a keen swimmer.
21. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by Sarah The Dog Carer in writing.
1. The training session will take place at your home or at a suitable, agreed location, depending on the nature of the training. Practical aspects of the programme are included and will be demonstrated to you.
2. We must be alerted to any behavioural problems prior to accepting a booking so that we can consider the most appropriate form of training for your dog.
3. Pet Insurance is highly recommended. Owners are responsible for all vet bills, no matter how they are incurred. We accept no responsibility for loss of, or injury to, your dog whilst training with us or when your dog has completed their training sessions.
4. Sarah The Dog Carer uses positive, reward-based methods as the most effective way to train dogs. We do not allow dogs to be handled forcefully during our training.
5. All dogs must either have a flat collar or harness. Choke chains, check chains, prong collars or other punitive methods will not be accepted. No extending leads are to be used.
6. Animal aggression can cause injury to other animals and people. Treatment for aggression is not a guarantee of success and modifying behaviour does not assure that the aggression will be successfully controlled. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that their pet does not harm in the future.
7. Precautions for animal aggression may involve, but are not limited to, keeping a dog on lead, the use of muzzle, informing others of the dog’s aggressive tendencies, not mixing with certain types of people or other dogs, or confinement behind fencing and doors. Owners always remain responsible for their dogs and are advised they have adequate pet or household insurance cover for liability in the unlikely event of damage or injury caused by their dog to property or to a third party. It is strongly recommended that your dog is insured for third party liability with or without vet cover.
8. Fees must be paid at the first training session. If booking a 'package' of sessions, the total fee must be paid prior to the first appointment and all sessions in a pre-paid package must be taken within 6 months of that date.
9. If you need to cancel your appointment please inform me, allowing 48 hours’ notice. Cancelled appointments with less than the notice period will incur a cancellation charge of 50% of the training session cost.
10. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Sarah The Dog Carer without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Sarah The Dog Carer.