Terms and Conditions – Group dog walking
Terms of Service
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions (as laid out below) on signature of the contract.
2. Sarah The Dog Carer will not confirm any booking until a face-to-face consultation has been carried out, with both the client and the pet, with full details of any special requirements, and a contract has been signed by the client.
Cancellation Policy and Payment
3. Full payment for services is to be made when an invoice is received. Invoices will be sent monthly and must be paid by the date specified on the invoice via bank transfer. If full payment has not been received within this time, then your booking will be cancelled or a fee of £10 will be incurred.
4. You must provide 72 hours’ notice if you wish to cancel a booking. Failure to do so will incur the full cost of the booking. If you pay a set monthly standing order all cancellations are chargeable in accordance with the terms emailed to you.
Security and Keys
5. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off, charges may be applied to the final bill to cover the trip. Keys will need to be provided 48 hours prior of the service commencing.
6. Sarah The Dog Carer cannot be held liable to any accident or injury to your pet when we are not in your house.
7. Please inform Sarah The Dog Carer of any video cameras/additional security measures in place. In the failure to do so we have the right to terminate the contract.
8. For safety purposes Sarah The Dog Carer will always have their phone on them during service.
9. If you have any additional security measures, please inform us before the service takes place.
10. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
11. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, regardless of how they are incurred, whilst the recipient is in the care of Sarah The Dog Carer.
12. The Client authorises Sarah The Dog Carer to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g., in an emergency) and the Client accepts that Sarah The Dog Carer, may at her discretion, use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately.
13. Please inform us of any medical history your dog has prior to walking arrangements.
14. Please form us of any allergies your dog has prior to walking arrangements.
15. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Sarah The Dog Carer responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
16. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client agrees to notify Sarah The Dog Carer immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by e.g. eye infections which would potentially be contagious. Sarah The Dog Carer reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved. You accept Sarah The Dog Carer is not liable for any infections, diseases, or parasites your dogs may contract while in our care.
17. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick-up by Sarah The Dog Carer to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
18. Sarah The Dog Carer must be alerted to any behavioural problems with the client’s pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Sarah The Dog Carer has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour towards any person or any other dog.
19. All behavioural issues/training will be discussed during the initial consultation, please note any additional 1-1 training is not included in the group dog walking service but can be requested at the time of booking.
20. Please inform us of any likes/dislikes or fears/phobias your dog prior to walking arrangements.
21. The client must provide Sarah The Dog Carer with a name and contact number of a third party, who can decide relating to the pet in case of emergency. If they are not available, Sarah The Dog Carer will consult with the veterinary surgeon where needed.
22. In the unlikely event of the client being delayed from returning from work an emergency contact needs to be in place to take over the service if we are unable to continue doing so ourselves.
23. The client must provide all items necessary for the recipient to be adequately cared for in the absence of the client; including (but not limited to) food, medication, leads, tags, collars. If any required items are taken from the client’s home, then the client will be informed, however the restocking of such items remains the responsibility of the client (unless agreed beforehand).
24. The Client agrees that Sarah The Dog Carer is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing, or any other item left with their dog.
25. Although Sarah The Dog Carer holds full Public Liability insurance, pets should also be insured by the client. Sarah The Dog Carer reserves the right to refuse a booking for any recipient which is not insured.
26. Sarah The Dog Carer will endeavour to care for the recipient as you would and, whilst we will make every effort to ensure that your pet is well looked after in your absence, Sarah The Dog Carer cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to the pet, either inside or outside of the home, whilst in our care.
27. Sarah The Dog Carer offers services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries.
28. Sarah The Dog Carer may wish to take (and retain) photographs and videos of the pet to demonstrate their services. At no point will these pictures feature the owners, their family, or their homes (in such a way that could result in a compromise the security of the premises). All such media remain the property of Sarah The Dog Carer. These pictures will not be used for any other purposes other than as described. If you would prefer that Sarah The Dog Carer did not retain such pictures, please indicate this on the contract.
29. Sarah The Dog Carer may have other pets at any one time so, to ease confusion, pictures of the recipient may be taken; this will be purely to aid recognition and (in the unlikely event that the recipient gets free) to aid in retrieval. Should the client have indicated their wish for such pictures not be retained then the picture/s will be erased at the end of the contracted period.
30. Sarah The Dog Carer will often post photos of your dog on social media. Please inform us if you do not want any of your dogs’ photos shared.
Legislation and Safety
31. In accordance with the control of Dogs Order 1922, dogs should wear a collar with a tag and the name and address (including post code) of the owner engraved or written on it. A telephone number is optional but advisable. Failure to do so may result in a fine, which the dog owner will be liable for.
32. Sarah The Dog Carer reserves the right to cancel the contract (at any time & with immediate effect) if any dog/s under the contract do not respond well to the dog walker or other dogs (where the continuing of said contract is deemed, by Sarah The Dog Carer, to constitute a risk).
33. Bitches may not attend Sarah The Dog Carer while in season or pregnant. Sarah The Dog Carer reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met. Payment is still required where a bitch cannot be walked in season, but Sarah The Dog Carer will try to accommodate visits or shorter walks where possible and needed.
34. We may request a trial period to ensure that they are happy and familiar with Sarah The Dog Carer.
35. All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Sarah The Dog Carer and the disclaimer section of the contract has been signed for the recipient to have off lead time. If necessary (even with the ‘off lead’ contract signed), we may have to walk your dog on a lead.
36. The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk, if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions; including, but not limited to excessive heat, torrential rain, thunderstorms and snow/ice. The decision to do so lays with the judgment of the walker, for the safety of themselves, members of the public, other animals, and that of the recipient.
37. If the recipient requires a towel dry after walks, we have drying robes and towels in the van to use straight after the walk. If you would like an extra towel dry upon arrival at the house, towels must be provided and left by the front door. We towel dry dogs after a walk, however, cannot guarantee that all mud traces will be removed. We recommend protecting household items such as sofas or providing extra covers on these items or having a separate area to keep dogs after a walk. You must notify us if you would like your dog to be placed in a separate room of the house after the walk.
38. Sarah The Dog Carer has three dog walking slots per day. Please discuss times of walk at our initial consultation. We try where possible to walk your dogs at the requested allocated time, however due to traffic and dogs being walked we can never guarantee any specific times. Therefore, we do not give specific pick up, drop offs or walking times. They are all estimated.
39. Dogs will be walked in a group of no more than 5 dogs.
40. Dogs will be picked up and transported to the walking location. The duration of the walk (not including travel time) will be 55 minutes.
41. All dogs will be transported in a secure van and crated for their safety, please inform us if your dog has any travel sickness history. Water and treats will be provided.